Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Online quiz and games makers.


Every Wednesday I go to an excellent French course for Primary teachers. Everyone on the course is fantastic with a brilliant range of experience, age and sense of humour. I am the only man (as usual!).
But the programme disc isn't as interactive as it could be, so I have spent some time tonight dragging the images into the Promethean Activeprimary software to use on my interactive board at school.

I have also been trying out some online game and quiz makers to see the results. I got directed to the brilliant ClassTools.net by a fellow Scotedublogger here. John@Sandaig has highlighted a podcast with more about the resource here. It really couldn't be simpler. I am going to try setting games as homework tasks, especially for things like spelling and mental maths. Will post the results when I make them.

Another free site I had a look at was ClassMarker.com where you can create three different types of quizzes. You can also maintain a database of different classes and pupils, and record their scores. So it would suit primary and secondary teachers alike.

I have used Hot Potatoes a lot in the past for creating class games and the like but these sites are more readily accessible and understandable.

The last site I have had in my back del.icio.us pocket for too long is PurposeGames.com where you can create great looking picture and multiple choice games. Here is my attempt at one for the French lesson tomorrow. Try it out!

Please leave a comment if you can suggest any other sites.

No comments: